What is Media Studies?

The Integrated Media Studies classes are mandatory, trimester, non-elective courses, grades 9-11 that are integrated into the cultural history curriculum. In all the Media Studies courses, students learn to deconstruct and construct media via collaborative and individual projects and activities, production, discussion, and written reflection. This is a double-period class.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ben Sosnes


I had this picture taken at the beach before I went out surfing because the lighting and the scene was perfect. I really like pictures that are taken at the beach because I think that that sand makes great contrast and also its probably one of my favorite places. In my picture you can see the word KOOK, which is a term typically used by surfers referring to other surfers. A kook is someone who either says words like “braa” or totes” seriously. Also seen in my picture is a middle finger coming out of the water. This just represents how frustrating the ocean can be at times because it can either be flat for a long period of time or the sand bars could be bad which would affect how the waves break.


No comments:

Post a Comment