
Artist Statement:
My self portrait reflects my personal philosophy of don’t be someone who “Can’t see the forest through the trees.” In other words, try and see the bigger picture, and focus on the larger facts in life such as what is in your heart and what is in your mind. In this aspect, life is like a puzzle, there are different thoughts that you have to figure out and combine to see the bigger picture. In my self portrait, you can see me solving a Rubik’s Cube representing me figuring out and piecing the bigger picture together in life. The background image that shows through is a forest, representing the saying “Can’t see the forest through the trees.” To get the end product, I edited the photos together, combining the pictures and solving the puzzle.
Trial and Error:
Through out the time I was creating my self portrait, there were many bumps along the road. Taking the photos went well, it was turning those photos into a negative that took more work. When I inverted my photo in Photoshop, the contrast between the blacks and whites was very small, but only in one section due to the fact that I overlaid the two photos. After numerous adjustments and much frustration, I created a usable negative. After that, there were no troubles printing and I am happy with the end result.
No comments:
Post a Comment