What is Media Studies?

The Integrated Media Studies classes are mandatory, trimester, non-elective courses, grades 9-11 that are integrated into the cultural history curriculum. In all the Media Studies courses, students learn to deconstruct and construct media via collaborative and individual projects and activities, production, discussion, and written reflection. This is a double-period class.

Friday, November 19, 2010

self and statement by teddy

This picture represents me on my journey of life. The literal meaning shows my love of circus or yoga stretches and my love of the beach and water. However if you look closer you can see that even while balancing I am quite lopsided and unequal. This shows by thieve to seek balance, but yet there is always room for improvement. The reads are my path leading to the ocean. I depend on them to find my way the same way I depend of my parents to support me. The path gets narrower, to illustrate independence as well as openness. The ocean is the majority of the earth and yet we only know 3% of the life that lives within it. The ocean represents me, as I get to know myself and find more unknown I see more beauty in the world. My self-portrait is about balance, improvement, and the journey of life.

1 comment: