Artistic Statement
In my collage, I represent myself as a student or traveler in the bottom left portion of the collage viewing life. I show my philosophy as a journey or voyage with the boat that I am situated on. I believe that family and other previous events in your life have a significant influence on your perception on life. Therefore giving a unique perspective on the world we live in as well as giving everyone their own philosophy. I label some of these influences such as family and heritage, which are represented in the French flag and the family silhouette on the figure. Along with a European upbringing at home, I had a very traditional American education, which shows its influence by my picture of Mt. Rushmore. I have a hand extending out that is holding out what I have taken from life and is essentially my philosophy.
From the left I show a branching out of technologies, historical figures and fighting. All of which are part of my philosophy. Technology has changed dramatically in the past century and it has undoubtedly changed the world itself functions and how people live their daily lives. These include new ways of harnessing energy and becoming more efficient users of energy. I show a power plant as a rather new energy source, but also as a product of pollution and how being aware of the environment is important. I approach many topics of interest using history. I personally believe that history plays a huge role in how everyone should view the world around them. I am fascinated by historical disputes and war, which have been a major part of technological advancements as well as how it shaped our national systems.
I labeled this section with “tough times” to show the times of fighting in history and at the top I have Winston Churchill, an influential political and military leader for England during World War II. His ability to raise the morale of England and the entire allied forces was a pivotal part of the shift in the war. Another historical figure I show in the collage is VercingĂ©torix, he led the tribes of Gaul against the Roman Empire and fought valiantly, although losing, and is considered a national hero in France.
The next images under the title of “wellness” portray how I view being healthy and active is essential. I also include near this section a picture of school children praying. I believe that it is important to be spiritual in your belief in a greater being. Personally, I believe in God and being grateful for what you have. Having faith and a belief is an essential part of my wellbeing.
The next title is society, which portrays the images of the western idea of society with money being the predominant factor in your status contrasting with the images of a poor country and showing how societies clash. It is important to realize these cultural differences in society. I also include an image of the earth, which shows the importance of having a worldwide view as well as diversity.
In the next section, I labeled hard work as an incredibly important part of my philosophy. If there is one idea that was instilled in me from a young age, it was hard work. From family to school, success was achieved through hard work. I displayed this through pictures of business men as well as scientists who work incredibly hard to find new ways to improve and expand their ideas through communication.
Philosophy Paragraph
Life is an interesting concept to grasp. It is a journey in which one’s integrity, beliefs and perspectives on the world are shown through their actions and their presence. Personally, I was raised in a traditional family and environment where ideas such as treat others respectively, working hard, and having a successful and joyous life are most important to pursue. My father instilled my work ethic, my individual thinking as well as the exploration of what I found most enjoyable in life and he pushed me to achieve success in different fields of interest. My mother and other siblings instilled a love and gratefulness for my surroundings and a love for family. As I continue to grow and mature, I have adopted many of these ideas that have influenced me my entire life and continue to adopt ideas as well. I believe that an appreciation for other cultures and ideas is imperative as well as adapting to new ideas and systems to change the future to make it more efficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment